Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Is there such a thing as writers block?

How many times have you ever been writing a paper, and then boom you are stuck. As writers we call this writers block, but is there such a thing as writers block. I think that writers block is a mind game. We all get stuck on a subject from time to time, but we have to remember we have a toolbox that will get us out of any trouble we are in.

A way to avoid writers block is to write about things you know. If you write about things you know writers block will not exist. Keep focused on the task at hand, and do not start thinking about anything other than the paper you are writing. If you start thinking about the football game that is on T.V then you will probably get off track. Maybe you just need to take a break. Believe it or not will all need time to clear our head and have fun sometimes. After you have cleared your head then come back and try to write your paper.

Always remember that there is many ways to find something to write about. You can always look on the Internet for a subject. There is also a thing called a library where there are books, and you can find ideas from reading books that you like to read. Also if you get stuck when writing about a particular topic then try and find a story about your life that fits with that topic. If you can not talk about yourself then I guess you have more issues than just writers block.


6 comments:

  1. Taking a break do help us for study. When I got tired, I felt my mind was full. I could not take anything into my mind. At that time, I stopped writing, and took a nap, or listened to the music. Then when I came back to write, I could get many ideas for my work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with many of your statements, but I am not sure I writer's block doesn't exist. When a writer is working on an writing assignment and they begin to drift off and think of other things, then yes, that writer is blocked. I have stopped writing and started thinking about food plenty of times and I procrastinate. Overall, this blog post is nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Dakota. I always seem the get writers block. I even got writers block with this Blog Post #9. I just couldn't think of anything to write like I was stuck. Once I got past the block I was able to just write away. I stopped writing and listened to some music to clear my mind, and actually it helped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I myself think writers block does exist because when I have a free line to write on about anything it's hard for me to think about a subject to address. I can write so well when I know what to write about otherwise I'll be stuck and that's a problem I've gotta fix. I really agree with this blog and you did very well on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really can identify with your post. I've been getting writers block a lot lately. I been finding it hard to find interesting subjects to write about, which is very unlike me. Even without distractions, I been getting writers block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dakota, I like how you suggested books or reading to help write. I do this a lot, I find myself changing my style of writing to mimic the writers. I pull a great deal of inspiration from others. I also like the idea of breaks; I think breaks are a very important key to beating writers block.

    ReplyDelete