Tuesday, March 20, 2012

DS 106

I chose to do a writing project for my next post. The assignment I chose to do was "Tell Me a Story". In this assignment you are to find a picture of something that you have emotional attachment to and write about it. I chose this blog because if I chose something that has meaning to me, then I can talk about that all day.  

There are so many great writing assignments in DS106 that it was hard for me to choose one to write about. Another one I thought about doing a post on is called "Find Your Voice". In this writing assignment you are to find another authors blog, and talk about the personal voice in their blog. Your suppose to talk about their post, and find ways to use their voice in your post. When you look through these writing assignments you can tell that all these students put in a great amount of effort.

I know that there is gonna be a few people in the class that do not want to do this project in DS106. Personally I love this website, and can't wait to write about the topic I choose in my blog post. If you actually looked through this website you can tell that it is a great way for all of us to become better writers. Many people have complained that they can't think of anything to write about in their blog post, will if you can't find a topic to write about from this website then there is something wrong with you. 

After actually looking at this website you can tell it was very well put together. I am also excited to get started on this assignment unlike a few in the past. I have also found a couple of different topics that I will enjoy writing about in my next several blog post. I can tell that this project is gonna fun for everyone.


7 comments:

  1. I like that you chose something to write about from the DS106 site. I really like the site as well, and I have also chosen a writing assignment. I also like that you stated how you felt about the assignments and the site itself. I really think that I will enjoy the site as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i chose the visual assignment also and it looks like you found you a good project. im excited to do this project and it seems like you are also. i hope you do great on this like i know you probably will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a good idea. If it's something you can relate to and have an emotional connection to it your writing will be more interesting. I'm not that good at the writing so I chose audio. I think everybody should do as you did and choose what's best for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite contrary; I haven't really heard anyone express any dismay over the DS106 site. We all are variously excited about the variety of assignments offered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your writing assignment idea. It sounds like it's going to be very meaningful to you and express a lot about you. I can't wait to read it. I think after I finish my design assignment I'll try a writing assignment... from your blog post they seem very interesting and I get a chance to write about what I want to write about because it relates to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to your projects Dakota. I hope you choose to do the “tell a story” assignment first. It would be interesting to see what pictures you choose to write about. Also, I really like this site too and can not wait to see what our class has to contribute to the site. In the second part of your post you talk about the “find your voice” assignment…interesting. I think this assignment would be quite the challenge.

    ReplyDelete