Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Challenges of Writing

When I write I face many challenges. I believe you have to face challenges in writing so you can become a better writer. Some of the challenges I face are I have to many run-on sentences, I do not put the comma in the right spot, or I do not use the right grammar. When I am writing I want to notice that I  am overcoming these challenges. The only way to overcome these challenges is to just keep writing.

One challenge I find hard in writing is learning the different ways to write. The way you have to change your mood when you are talking to a certain audience. Another challenge is vocabulary. I do not have the best use of vocabulary so When I write I just keep it short and sweet. Stephen King talks about Vocabulary in his book On Writing. He says to become a better writer you have to put Vocabulary on the top shelf of your toolbox. I guess thats a way to overcome the challenge of vocabulary put it on the top shelf of my writing toolbox.

To me to become better writers we have to face our challenges. Put your challenges in a toolbox and have them in differnt shelfs. I would put vocabulary on my first shelf and work down from there. Also face your challenges as a writer and you probably become a better writer.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post, Dakota. I especially like how you integrated King's idea of the writer's toolbox and how you can use it in your own writing.

    ReplyDelete